DLSLUG > Future Topics
DLSLUG - Future Topics
A list of future proposed topics follows. Please volunteer to present one or suggest another.
- SELinux. Who has done it. How does it work? The basics, the pitfalls.
- Storage management, From LVM to RAID -- the current status of open tools for serious storage management. iSCSI, GFS, cluster file systems, etc.
- Intrusion detection: snort, tripwire, alternatives.
- Home Automation - Mr. House, etc.
- VPN's: FreeSWAN, OpenSWAN, KAME - what's a kid to do?
- Network backups: amanda, bacula, etc.
- LDAP authentication and authorization. advantages, tools, gotchas.
- The state of Distros: Fedora, Redhat Enterprise, SuSE/Novell, Debian, Gentoo, Mandrake - an overview of strengths, weaknesses, development paths, goals, etc.
- Open-source monitoring: Nagios, et. al.