[Python-talk] Pyserial questions

Arc Riley arcriley at gmail.com
Fri Mar 6 11:31:30 EST 2009

Hey Bruce

That's a lot of data being processed in realtime.  How much of it does your
Python script actually need to process?

A better solution may be a small extension module that parses/compiles the
data packets and passes the data to Python.  This can run on a separate
thread with the GIL released through much of the processing such that
whatever Python is doing with reading/writing the messages it causes minimal
interferance.

This is actually very similar to how GNU Radio works.