[Python-talk] Pysig meeting held June 25th at the ABU in Manchester

Alex Hewitt hewitt_tech at comcast.net
Sun Jun 28 11:04:08 EDT 2009

Eleven hardy souls attended the most disorganized Pysig meeting that I
can remember. The reason for this is that I chaired the meeting without
Bill's usual agenda and guidance ;^).

Still it was an enjoyable get together. Folks had an opportunity to
compare notes, hold lot's of side discussions and were treated to an
excellent presentation by Shawn O'Shea on his use of the Glade
development environment to build a Redhat like system configuration menu
for a work related project. Lloyd's arms grew at least a couple of
inches as he brought in at least a dozen books from the library for the
group to inspect.  Arc brought a number of "Official" Ubuntu 9.04 distro
CDs and Ubuntu stickers to hand out. Arc also mentioned that he has been
given a free pass  to the next PyCON (tbs) due to his participation in
Python module maintenance. Although I thought we might discuss newly
published Python books we really didn't get to it but it might have been
due to many of us wolfing down Janet's cookies (thanks Janet!).

-Alex