[Python-talk] New Kent's Korner: urllib2 cookbook

Alex Hewitt hewitt_tech at comcast.net
Tue Mar 25 12:40:09 EDT 2008

On Tue, 2008-03-25 at 09:55 -0400, Kent Johnson wrote:
> Alex Hewitt wrote:
>
> > Kent, your "Kent's Korner" columns are useful to the point where I was
> > wondering if you have considered publishing them (in a book that is)?
>
> No, not really. I do sometimes wonder if I have a book in me but I
> always thought it would be more of a general programming book, more
> along the lines of the 'Essays' section of my web site:
> http://personalpages.tds.net/~kent37/stories/index.html
>
> Kent

Based on your existing writings I'd buy your book but I've learned from
other technical book authors they tend not to get much of a return on
their time investment. I did bump into a person who wrote an Oreilly
"Learning SQL" book which was actually paying him enough royalties to
have made it worthwhile. The other factor is the "my name in lights"
idea. Ted has mentioned this a few times at LUG/SIG meetings. In other
words it look's good on a resume. Finally though you get the
satisfaction of helping others become more proficient.

-Alex