[Python-talk] Yes. Wednesday the 17th. Re: December meeting

Bill Sconce sconce at in-spec-inc.com
Thu Dec 4 16:02:16 EST 2008

On Wed, 03 Dec 2008 09:21:48 -0500
Cole Tuininga <colet at code-energy.com> wrote:

> Hey folks - just wondering if there's been any updates with regards to
> the December meeting?
>
> For those that weren't at the tail end of November's meeting, we
> discussed the possibility of an informal get together in December.  It
> will likely *not* be on our normally scheduled day, which would fall
> (IIRC) on Dec 25th.
>
> The idea is that, in the spirit of giving *and* learning, we would find
> a small Python module (or set of modules?) and do the work (as a group)
> to convert it to work with Python 3.0.  Should the work turn out to be
> fruitful, we would then be able to contribute the code back.

I just talked with ABI.  We can meet the week before, although what
matches is the meeting room (not the conference room, which is our
usual).  It's just across the hall, we can pull in extra chairs if
we need to, and ABI will turn on in-room ethernet for us.

The space is a little smaller, but we've used it before.  I suspect
the crowd will be a little smaller, too.

Coding here we come.  Bring your laptops.  I've just downloaded 3.0...

more_later'ly yrs,

Bill

P.S.  Prolly airplane cookies this time.  It *is* Christmas --