[Python-talk] Python advocacy help

Ben Scott dragonhawk at gmail.com
Thu Oct 5 12:19:49 EDT 2006

On 10/5/06, Kent Johnson <kent37 at tds.net> wrote:
> Eric Raymond's story of switching from Perl to Python is good reading:
> http://www.linuxjournal.com/article/3882

  More than just good reading.  There's insight in that short article
that takes other authors whole books to write.

  In particular, the bit on compactness of the languages.  One thing
that *still* appeals to me about C (even though I would avoid
programming in a non-GC language for just about anything) is that it
fits like a glove.  Working with C gives you this feeling that it is
supposed to be that way, and that you really understand what is going
on.  Perl doesn't feel that way.  There's too many "neat features" in
Perl for it to feel that way.

-- Ben