[Python-talk] Python advocacy help

Cole Tuininga colet at code-energy.com
Thu Oct 5 07:37:21 EDT 2006

Hey all -

At my day job, we're getting ready to begin work on a large new project.
Our development group's core competency at this point is in perl, but
nothing is completely off the table.

I'm in the process of making the argument that, even with the lead time
to learn Python (I'm the only member of the group with Python
experience) that it would be a more productive and preferable language.

Anybody have some favorite advocacy site/data/whatever that I could use
to help my cause?  Things that specifically compare perl and Python are
the most helpful, but any Python advocacy info is great.

Many thanks!

--
Cole Tuininga
colet at code-energy.com