[Python-talk] One-week from tonight: PySIG! A Myghty fine time

Bill Sconce sconce at in-spec-inc.com
Thu Jul 20 22:25:51 EDT 2006

The next meeting of the New Hampshire PySIG will be one week from
tonight -- the 27th of July, 7:00 PM at the usual fine place, the
Amoskeag Business Incubator.

Our topics will be everything that's fair game to Python, including
a report by Bill on the Northeast Linux Symposium, where Python RULED,
and a remarkable development sprint by Jeff Elkner's students.

Our featured speaker will be Cole Tuininga, a founding member of PySIG,
who knows a lot about "other languages" as well as Python, and who will
tell us about Myghty.

From the Web site:

    Myghty is a Python based web and templating framework originally
    based on HTML::Mason, the enterprise-level framework used by
    Amazon.com, del.icio.us and Salon.com, among many others. Myghty
    fully implements Mason's templating language, component-based
    architecture, and caching system, and goes beyond, adding new
    paradigms such the Module Components controller paradigm, full
    Python whitespace syntax, threading support, WSGI support,
    session support, and much more.

    Myghty's template and controller engine powers the fast-growing
    Pylons web framework.

This is important stuff!  Thanks in advance, Cole!

eagerly_awaiting'ly yrs,

Bill

P.S.  Janet is doing special cookies.  For one: peanut butter and
Heathbar.  If there are any left by the time I drive to Manchester...