[Python-talk] link to Kent's tutor-list post about property and @apply

Python python at venix.com
Mon Sep 26 11:43:05 EDT 2005

http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Mail/Message/python-tutor/2831308

I do not mean to beat this to death, but it helps illustrate the way
functional programming is evolving in Python.  I worked through the
mechanics of the code in an earlier post.  Kent does the same, but also
talks about the advantages of using this particular technique.

My take?  I think it is a great example for teaching Python.  It uses
decorators, apply, locals(), **kwds, and property in a nice little
package.  I wish I had thought of it.  The real-life usefulness is
limited, *but* if you are creating boiler-plate get/set methods, mine
this example for ideas.

--
Lloyd Kvam
Venix Corp