[Python-talk] October meeting topics

Kent Johnson kent37 at tds.net
Thu Sep 22 10:43:11 EDT 2005

Lloyd Kvam wrote:
> On Thu, 2005-09-22 at 09:32 -0400, Kent Johnson wrote:
>>Sigh. I'm giving up on Python advocacy, I'm no good at it. I feel like I'm standing on a corner trying to hand out chocolate bars and no takers. I might as well just stay home and eat them myself :-)
>

> The voice of one crying in the wilderness....
>
> I've had no luck advocating Python either outside areas where I could
> force the decision.

That's pretty much my experience too.

> On projects that I control I can insist on Python.

Me too - mostly projects where I am the only developer. And those projects have been universally successful and delivered on schedule. And still (almost) no one else at work shows any interest.

Me (to another developer): I know a tool that can greatly boost your productivity and make work more fun, too!

Developer: Cool, what is it?

Me: It's a programming language called Python.

D: I don't have time to learn another language. Maybe later...

Most everyone here is too busy cutting down trees to spend time sharpening their tools...oh well.

Kent