[Python-talk] October meeting topics

Bill Sconce sconce at in-spec-inc.com
Thu Sep 22 09:17:01 EDT 2005

On Thu, 22 Sep 2005 06:28:47 -0400
Kent Johnson <kent37 at tds.net> wrote:

> I won't be at the meeting tonight (open house at school).

We'll miss you, Kent.

Speaking of school, we'll want to hear how the Python class
is going!  Maybe at the October meeting?

> I have a few topics I could talk about in October if you
> are interested
>
> - Jython - there was quite a bit of interest at the last meeting,
> I am still willing to put together a short intro
>
> - TurboGears - this is a new Python web framework I have been
> looking at, it's kind of cool. I'm no expert but I could run
> through the tutorial live and answer questions about it.

You're on for October, then.

As far as [0] or [1] is concerned, [1] might be the best to
do first (if you're still "warm" from looking at Turbogears),
and we could maybe impose on you to do [0] at a subsequent
meeting??

How about we start with:  the October meeting is yours, and
you do whichever of ([0], [1]) pleases you?

Thank you, Kent!

-Bill

P.S.  Yes, I admit that "pick 0 or 1" != "pick [0] or [1]"... :)

> Pick 0 or 1 of the above and let me know...
>
> Kent

P.P.S.  "Run through the tutorial live".  This is a really good
idea.  To everyone:  is there a tutorial YOU could run through for
the group?