[Python-talk] upcoming meeting topic - functional programming in Python

Lloyd Kvam lkvam at venix.com
Thu Sep 8 12:59:48 EDT 2005

Ah.  Way back then, the material I read was lumping Prolog in with the
functional languages because of the lack of side effects, use of
recursion, emphasis on lists, and consistency of return values.

However, you're right.

Certainly my Prolog code did not use any higher order functions.  I'd
have to pull out the Prolog manual to see if it is even possible.