[DLSLUG-Discuss] Fwd: Pearson Education User Group Program Newsletter -- April 2010

Ted Roche tedroche at tedroche.com
Tue Apr 6 17:38:01 EDT 2010

On 04/06/2010 04:41 PM, Bill McGonigle wrote:
> Curious if anybody knows how to tell Thunderbird, "forward this MIME
> part as-is".

Under Edit, Preferences

Composition tab

General tab within that,

Forward messages: dropdown has options of "Inline" or "Attachment"

My experience with this has been mixed. When forwarding inline an HTML
message to a partner, she'll get text if my "View, Message Body As" menu
is selected to "Text Only" and different but mangled HTML if one of the
other options is selected. When "Attachment" is the choice, we see the
same as your last post.

I've explained to the publishers that the user group mailing list
they're trying to reach is text-only, but if they could provide us with
a link, we could forward that to the group. I haven't see a lot of
action on that.

--
Ted Roche
Ted Roche & Associates, LLC