[DLSLUG-Discuss] Using yum to upgradde from redhat X to fedora

Lloyd Kvam e-mail addresses are not shown in archives
Sat Aug 21 17:15:33 EDT 2004

I downloaded your slides and thought I'd be able to follow instructions,
but I am not sure what to do.

I've installed yum on my Redhat 9 Laptop.  The relevant yum.conf is:
name=Red Hat Linux $releasever - $basearch - Base
name=Red Hat Linux $releasever - Updates
base and updates are now directory names in /var/cache/yum
My fedora system shows: (manually retyped)
name=Fedora Core $releasever - $basearch - Base

Do I simply change the baseurl and name, keeping [base]?  Should I "yum
clean" first?

Lloyd Kvam
Venix Corp.
1 Court Street, Suite 378