[DLSLUG-Discuss] Using yum to upgradde from redhat X to fedora

Lloyd Kvam e-mail addresses are not shown in archives
Sat Aug 21 17:15:33 EDT 2004

Todd,

I downloaded your slides and thought I'd be able to follow instructions,
but I am not sure what to do.

I've installed yum on my Redhat 9 Laptop.  The relevant yum.conf is:
vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv
[base]
name=Red Hat Linux $releasever - $basearch - Base
baseurl=http://mirror.dulug.duke.edu/pub/yum-repository/redhat/$releasever/$basearch/

[updates]
name=Red Hat Linux $releasever - Updates
baseurl=http://mirror.dulug.duke.edu/pub/yum-repository/redhat/updates/$releasever/
base and updates are now directory names in /var/cache/yum
My fedora system shows: (manually retyped)
[base]
name=Fedora Core $releasever - $basearch - Base
baseurl=http://download.feddora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/$releasever/$basearch/os/

Do I simply change the baseurl and name, keeping [base]?  Should I "yum
clean" first?

Thanks

--

Lloyd Kvam